Jeromy Wilson, Niche Academy
* Get new people in the library
* Get people back to the library
* Enhance everyone’s experience
* Find unmet needs
How do we find out about patrons’ needs:
* Focus groups
Listen, seek to understand, repeat it back
Niche Academy provides tutorials on common library subscription databases. They collect data from hundreds of library systems (anonymized).
Consumer Reports gets a big spike in Nov.-Dec. Maybe you could promote it other times.
Libraries see a jump after marketing efforts.
Other sources of data:
* Circ data: not just numbers, but also types of interest
* E-resources: stats
* Video cameras to do people watching. (Hmm, this seems a little creepy.)